We’ll be carrying out the mandatory monthly maintenance services and checks on the drones in our fleet today, as specified in our Operational Safety Case.
- Check air frames for wear and damage and then clean them.
- Check all electrical/ electronic connections, inspecting solder points and connection contact surfaces.
- Check circuit boards/ electronic components for any signs of damage.
- Check motors for damage or obstructions.
- Thorough check of propellers for stress fractures, wear & damage.
- Inspect camera & gimbal payloads and mounts.
- Finally ensure all screws, bolts and fasteners are secure and fastened properly
- Check for firmware updates to the cameras, flight controllers, batteries and TX controllers.
- Also check for updates to the software used on the iPad and to the iPad itself.
- Check batteries visually for any damage or bulging.
- Carry out a deep discharge and full recharge cycle of all the batteries.
- Ensure the maintenance and battery logs are correct and up to date.
- If a drone is grounded, ensure everyone knows. Place drone in the grounded storage area.
Find out about our aerial media services
Eye in Sky Media is CAA approved, we have been granted Permission for Commercial Operations by the CAA and our pilots are RPQ-s certified. We have specialist public liability insurance in place to cover our UAV operations. We maintain the highest standards in safety and operation. We can put our UAV aircraft (drones) into places that have previously been the domain of full sized helicopters. This enables you to get that amazing aerial shot at a fraction of the cost.